At Newbury Primary School, we value physical activity for all students and their families. Once a week all students take part in a Health and Physical Education lesson, which not only allows students to be active, but also challenges their thinking towards physical activity and to live a healthy life.
Prep - 2
* Fundamental Movements Skills - jumping, hopping, skipping, running, leaping, galloping
* Playground safety
* Mini Athletics
* Ball Skills - catching, throwing, rolling, target games, ball bouncing and kicking
* Spatial Awareness
* Taking turns, sharing, team work
* Mini Gymnastics
* Values Education
* Two handed strike
* House Sports
* Health awareness - some aspects include healthy eating, hygiene and building new friendships
* Extending their Fundamental Movement Skills in various Teaching Games for Understanding Units - Invasion Games, Target Games, Striking/Fielding Games and Net/Wall Games.
* Hot Shots Tennis
* Community Building
* Incorporating ICT into physical activity
* Health awareness - some aspects include healthy eating, community work, social media, how to stop bullying and hygiene.